Wednesday, August 25, 2010

San Marino Corned Tuna Sandwich Recipe

Yobs and I plan to visit his grandmother in Batangas City on Saturday. Knowing that he'll be coming from Quezon City as early as 6am to meet me up in Alabang by 7am, I assume that he won't be eating breakfast at home. I am this eager to prepare a healthy baon for the two of us to share while on our two-hour bus ride to their province. I think of lettuce as one of the ingredients to consider because he loves vegetables. So I googled "wheat bread and lettuce sandwich" and found this recipe.

San Marino Corned Tuna Sandwich


Ingredients:

•4 slices wheat/rye bread
•1 can San Marino Corned Tuna
•1 tbsp mayonnaise
•1 tbsp lemon juice
•1 hard boiled egg, mashed
•10 g dill, minced
•1 small shallot, minced
•1 tbsp capers
•1 tsp sugar
•Salt and pepper to taste
•1 salad tomato sliced thinly
•2 leaves lolo rosso lettuce
•1 cup potato chips

Procedure:

1. In a bowl, mix together San Marino Corned Tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, egg, dill, shallots, capers, sugar, salt and pepper and set aside and chill;
2. Lightly grill bread until crisp (you can also just toast the bread in toaster);
3. To assemble, layer lettuce then tomato on top of 1 slice of bread. Add the tuna filling then top with the other slice of bread and slice in half diagonally;
4. Serve on plate with chips.

Of course, I won't be buying all the ingredients stated above. I will be using only what is available in the market and at home, but I'm sure I will be making a good sandwich because I'll mix it with love. I remember reading an article written by my boss for Youngblood; there's a quote from his former professor in Ateneo saying, “A lousy cook is one who apologizes for having prepared a lousy meal because of the limited ingredients in the kitchen. However, a good cook can prepare an excellent meal from whatever ingredients are available in the kitchen.”

I am just so excited that I can't wait for the weekend any longer! Abangan...

Recipe source: San Marino Corned Tuna

No comments: