Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spaghetti Potanesca and Spaghetti in Pesto and Parmesan Cheese Sauce @ Chef Arbeli, SM Megamall

Chef Arbeli has a different way of preparing their spaghetti: flat sheet of pasta, poured with a little pinch of flour, gone through a stripping machine, soaked in hot water for a few minutes, topped with sauce of your own choice, and it's done.

Yobs tried Potanesca and I had the spag in pesto and parmesan cheese. What you see is what you get: potanesca has olive cuts and creamy tomato sauce while my pasta is dressed with olive oil and blended green leaves, which I think is basil. Am I right? Is pesto made of basil? Someone verify please. Lol.

Aside from its very affordable price of P60/serving, there's nothing more I could say but I hope Chef Arbeli would reconsider the way their food is presented. The packaging is not so pleasing to the eyes and taste, really :'-(

2 comments:

Edelweiza Mabalay said...

yes, it's basil with spices such as pine nuts, garlic, parmesan cheese and a lot of olive oil. :)

Nicely said...

Ok, la cocina expert edelweiss. Thanks for the info.