Sunday, June 3, 2007

La Mesa Ecopark, Fairview, Quezon City

Wow! Tonight is a bright night. The moon is at its brightest. I just notice the moon in the mid of my thinking, while I am lying of my bed. Its light gives silhouette in my room.

Thanks to my PDA I am able to record in black and white all my thoughts tonight.

I am looking back to what has happened this day. Yobs, Sofia and I went to La Mesa Ecopark (P50 entrance) in Fairview, Quezon City. It is a nature park actually, where you can enjoy the following:
- eco museum
- a swimming pool
- numbers of pavillions and halls for team building and family day affairs
- the Lopez Picnic Grounds
- a long and high stairway where at the top you can see the view of the La Mesa Dam (the water is calm with some lighthouse-like buildings around)
- gardens full of flowers and ornamental plants
- a wild forest for trekking
- lagoons, swamps and a river where you can fish (rent for a fishing rod and baits costs P20 and P80 per kilo of fish caught - mostly tilapias)
- a butterfly nursery and sanctuary (entrance is P30)
- wall climbing facilities
- playgrounds for kids
- campsites (which we have not located)
- souvenir shops
- and many more...





Then we headed to SM North EDSA to have some cup of coffee at Starbucks. We had a good talk, though Yobs had to leave as early as 4 o'clock in the afternoon to meet his MA classmates in school.

Sofia and I strolled around, shopped and window shopped until dust. I bought a cologne spray at Plains and Prints, a black bra (hehehe!) by Lady Grace and a name tag from Name It, which I'm gonna hang on my front door. I truly had fun.

I got home at 10:30 P.M. My legs are still having cramps up to now due to our whole day walking. Whew! But it's a great feeling.

3 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

its always nice travelin, when someone special is willing to take your hand along the way.

envious me. hahaha

paetechie said...

minsan nga babalik ako dyan :)

sarap pasyal, noh?

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Never been to La Mesa. I heard it's a nice place - so soothing to the soul. I wish sched would allow me the luxury of visiting some of our nation's famous landmarks.